Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Little Helper?!

Rigden has been quite the 'little helper' lately. If you take him to the kitchen sink after he's had his bottle, he will drop it in the sink for you. He also likes to close doors, drawers, and shut off lights (whether you are ready for them to be or not). A few weeks ago, he was taking a bath and at the end he decided to put all his toys up on the ledge of the tub-all by himself and I've never shown him how to do it before. It was pretty cute.


He has been standing up on his own more, but still no walking. We bribed him with food the other day and got him to take a few very small shuffle type steps. He is very afraid to walk, he just shakes he is so scared. He doesn't like surprises so I think that is what is holding him back. But hopefully we can get him to see it's not so bad. I took him to nursery at church for a few minutes on Sunday, he seemed to like it and I'm hoping that him watching the other kids walk will encourage him.

He is getting a little more curious lately and getting into stuff a bit. He opened a kitchen cupboard the other day which he has never done before. He's just never been a baby that's gotten into stuff, but he does a little bit now. Guess we'll have to watch him closer and baby proof a little more.

He loves to crawl on our bed and crawl over us!

Brent is enjoying the nicer weather since he usually works outside. He gets to go on a fishing trip soon, I think he's excited about that. My parents got a boat recently and I think he's pretty excited to take that out fishing too!

I've been sewing like crazy lately. I have been sewing since I was about ten years old, but I never found anything I really like to sew. I found a simple tote bag pattern recently and decided that I really liked it and now I've been having lots of fun sewing bags. Hopefully I can sell them at the Farmer's Market or the craft show later this year. I'm also going to sew a really nifty car seat blanket I found a pattern for (click here to see it) and a cover for my Boppy Nursing pillow (I need a girly one now!). Otherwise I am just trying to get ready for the Farmer's Market on the 30th.

I've also been making some improvements to my website where I have digital scrapbooking stuff and photoshop brushes (www.therustyleaf.com). I also helped Brent redesign our Pocatello website that we manage (www.maxpocatello.com). So I've been keeping myself busy-got to do all this stuff now before I have no time again for a little while with a new baby.

We have been working on getting the last room in our basement redone. It is now all textured and painted and we will be getting carpet next wednesday! We also got a new loveseat and chair! I am so excited to have our house closer to done!!