






Emree Anne Auger was born on September 15, 2009 at 5:12 am. She was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21.5 inches long. Her head was 13.5 inches around. She is the sweetest little girl so far. Rigden doesn't quite know what to do yet and is stressed out, but he did touch her very softly a couple times. I think he will be a good big brother once he gets used to everything.
My labor story: I was induced into labor on Monday night at 7:15 with a drug called cytotec. I was dilated to a 2 when they started me and I had 3 doses of the drug before I was dilated to a 4. At 4:15, they broke my water (when I was dilated to a 4) and about 40 minutes later I started pushing! I was thinking my contractions were kind of painful after they broke my water, but last time they weren't that bad, so I just thought I was being a woosy. I decided to stick it out for an hour before asking for pain meds, but the contractions got so bad and I started feeling like I had to push. Brent asked the nurse to come in and she was going to get me some narcotics while I would wait for an epidural, but she asked if I had pressure in my bum, and I said yes. So she got my doctor instead and they came in and checked me and I was ready to have the baby! So no chance for any drugs at all, which was kind of scary. But everything turned out just fine, I only had to push for about 10-15 minutes and out she came. I actually felt much better afterwards this time and have been recovering much more quickly this time. So no pain meds turned out to be okay.