
Well, this month has been kind of a crazy one.
First, we sort of fried my car. The AC stalled out and started burning up the alternator belt, so we need to get that fixed. So while we are waiting on fixing my car I have been using Brent's truck. My car has automatic locks and Brent's doesn't-so I am having a bit of a hard time getting used to that.
Since I am not used to it yet, the other day I ended up locking everything in the truck-my keys, my phone, and my kid! After my initial few seconds of panic and feeling like a complete idiot, I ran to a neighbor's house who is in our ward. Fortunately she was home and let me borrow her phone while she watched Rigden in the truck. I called Brent to see if he could come unlock it with his key but he was out of town (as is usually the case for his work). I called my mom and she came within minutes. She unlocked my house with her spare key and I got our truck spare key (that we had never tested before) to try and unlock the truck. Of course, the spare key did not work. So I called a locksmith on my mom's phone and he came in a few minutes and got Rigden out. (And he didn't charge anything because their company does it for free when a kid is in the car).
So, in the end, Rigden was only in the truck for about 15 minutes. It was not very cold or hot outside, so he was okay temperature wise. He was very good and didn't cry at all. Although I felt like the most terrible mom ever, I am so glad that nothing very bad really happened. We were very blessed.
This week I have had a cold and now Rigden is getting it-so that's no fun. Fortunately Brent doesn't really get sick so he has been a very wonderful man taking care of us sickly folk.
For an update on Rigden-he will be 15 months old in a few days. He loves to crawl everywhere-still no walking yet. He can say 'burp'! He also likes to sing-more like humming really. But he loves the song 'the wheels on the bus' and can actually sing about 9 notes of it correctly. He can turn our TV on/off upstairs with the remote-he knows just which button to push. He has 7 teeth now, and number 8 keeps trying to come in but hasn't quite popped out yet. He can also twist his tongue sideways so that it is basically upside down. So far the only other relative we know of that can do that too is his aunt Karen.
We are excited for Easter next sunday-we get to give Rigden his first Easter basket!

